In this episode hosts Aaron and Jason discuss Aquaponics with Rex from South Texas Aquaponics.
Growing your own food may not seem as exciting as fighting off the zombie hordes, tactical training, or a host of other things. But feeding yourself is the one of the very few things that’s a daily part of survival–whether in good times or bad.
Aquaponics has long been a topic of discussion in the prepare community. It provides a nearly closed loop system of producing both meat and vegetables. And today we’re happy to have a local guest on to tell us about the basics.
So join us as we cover such topics as…
- Small systems vs large systems–which is easier to maintain?
- How much work are these systems
- What’s the best fish to use in an aquaponics system
- Commerical vs Hobby Aquaponics
- How to make it profitable–both on a personal and commercial scale
- …And a whole lot more.
Aquaponics Episode Resources:
- South Texas Aquaponics Facebook Page
- Friendly Aquaponics
- The Aquaponics Source (supplies and parts)
- Green Life Aquaponics
- Last Urban Outpost
LivingForLonger.com brings you all the latest news and information on health, longevity, liberty and quality of life. Support the site by sharing what you find! In the meantime, if you care about your health, check out Cancer Uncensored - The Book - Your step-by-step guide to cancer prevention, early detection and cancer survival.